Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC), is to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The IQAC is meant to plan, guide and monitor Quality Assurance(QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the College. The IQAC shall not be a record-keeping cell but shall channelize and systematize the effort to pull the College in the path of academic excellence.
Constitution of the IQAC
The IQAC functions under the Chairmanship of the Principal with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of the College Management and other stakeholders.
The following is the general composition of the IQAC of the College: Chairperson:
Principal, Three to eight teachers, Office Superintendent , One member from the College Management, One/two nominees from Local Society, Students and Alumni, One/two nominees from Employers/Industrialists/stakeholders, and One of the senior teachers as the Coordinator of the IQAC.
Functions of the IQAC
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various Academic andAdministrative activities for quality assurance.
- Review the teaching, learning process, structure and methodology of operations and learningoutcome of all the programmes at periodic intervals
- Organising Workshops, Seminars and Special lectures on quality related themes as well aspromotion of Quality Circles.
- Ensuring maximum utilization of infrastructural facilities and the available ICT resources.
- Conducting Academic Administrative Audit (AAA) and Curricular Audit annually.
- Conducting Orientation and Training Programmes for Outcome based Education
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute to
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs.
- Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication.